Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 1

So today I decided to take up blogging again. I'm hoping it'll be therapeutic as I try to figure out what I want to be now that I'm all grown up and then to replant myself back into the workforce. Two things that I'm finding increasingly difficult to do. Most likely it will be something I will look back on and laugh (or cringe) at myself a year from now. At least, I HOPE it'll be a year from now and not five. Holy cow. When I met my husband I was one of the top sales consultants at a large wireless company for six years running. I was extremely good at sales and felt no guilt whatsoever about selling people that entrusted me to decipher that they needed, a bunch of crap that they didn't need. I was happy and making good money and so I put college off. When we got pregnant, my husband I decided that I would stay home until our child started school. So for five years I stayed home with our amazing little girl. I loved it, but when the time came I was ready to go back to work. I missed it. I got a part time job as a teller and learned a couple of things: First, I hate being a teller. Second, I hate sales, and being a teller is like, 90% sales (who knew?). So now what? Although I'm sure that I'm perfectly capable of any number of jobs, retail is pretty much all that's on my resume. That doesn't exactly give me an edge in this tough economy when I'm trying to break into a new field. So then do I go back to school? That sounds great, but I'm over thirty and I still don't know what I want to do. Medical Assistant? Does that involve needles? Dental Assistant? I can't even look at my child's loose tooth. So Medical Billing? Administrative? Get my Early Childhood Education Certificate? Editing? Imaging? Graphic Design? Every day I'm certain of a new career path. And so here I am. Today I decided to start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment