Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Nerd alert

Apparently I'm unhirable. I have spent the last month filling out applications and submitting resumes all over my county and the 3 surrounding it. I've only had 3 interviews and nada. I know the job market is rough, but seriously!!

So when I feel down about not getting a job that I was really gunning for, I read. I also read at night before I go to sleep, while my husband is watching something annoying on tv like Lizard Lick Towing (yeah - that's a real show and I can barely tolerate being in the room if it's on), while my daughter gets her hour of tv, and in the bathroom (we all do it). So yeah, I read a lot. I'm a total nerd, but I'm ok with it. I'm usually reading 2 books and listening to an audio book at the same time (not simultaneously of course, although it would be really cool and slightly freaky if I could do that). My sister in law does book reviews for http://www.crossroadreviews.com (she is the Contessa of "Contessa at the Crossroads") and gave me a few books to read and submit my own reviews for. Ready for my first one? Ok - next post!

A couple of years ago I started a blog (shocking), giving simple and quick reviews of children's books. I plan on starting that back up again IF I can find the blog. I'm certain that I created a whole other email address to use for it and I have no idea what that might have been. I used to not want my personal life to be attached at all to my blogging. I no longer care about that and am not sure why I ever did.

1 comment: